Mobius® Single-use Mixing Systems
Introducing the expanded Mobius® Power MIX family
The Mobius® single-use mixing solutions deliver advanced technology for mixing pharmaceutical ingredients from intermediate to final drug products and for the preparation of process solutions, such as buffers and media. Unlike traditional stainless steel mixers, single-use mixers reduce downtime due to CIP, SIP, cleaning validation, and process engineering. Mobius® single-use mixing solutions also offer operational flexibility as they can be up and running in less than five minutes. They are capable of mixing speeds up to 1000 RPMs meeting the broadest range of mixing production requirements. Mobius® flexibility offers you a choice of just the right filter, connector, tubing options for your specific application and environment, including sterile interfaces, from fermentation to final fill.
Mobius® single-use mixing solutions offer a complete range of mixers to meet your current and future biomanufacturing process needs. Sizes range from 10L to 2000L.
Both Mobius® MIX and Mobius® Power MIX offer economic and operational efficiency, saving valuable processing and validation time. Our proven, scalable, ready-to-use systems and processing technologies reduce the risk of contamination, improve economic and processing flexibility and deliver reproducible results.
- Easy setup and use
- Closed, zero dead-leg sterile sampling system enables representative samples
- In-line pH measurement with optional pH probe port or Hamilton® OneFerm pH sensor
- Single-use technology for increased production capacity in multiproduct facilities
- Validation, quality and regulatory compliance support
Mobius® Power MIX Family
The Mobius® Power MIX family of single-use mixers combines high performance mixing technology with design features that make it easy to use. The impeller design and motor are based on our magnetically coupled NovAseptic® mixing technology, a proven mixing technology used with stainless steel tanks.
Each model of the Mobius® Power MIX efficiently mixes the most challenging buffers, media and biopharmaceutical ingredients.
- Powerful magnetically coupled impeller designed to efficiently mix the most challenging buffer, media and biopharmaceutical ingredients
- Available in a wide range of sizes and materials:
- 100 L, 200 L, 500 L (HDPE and jacketed stainless steel)
- 1000 L and 2000 L (jacketed stainless only)
- Broad working volumes that extend from 15% of the lower limit of a vessel’s capacity to 10% of the maximum volume provide great flexibility*
- Stainless steel versions have either a double door (1000 L, 2000 L) or single door (100 L, 200 L, 500 L) that opens to one half the mixer's diameter
- Mobius Power MIX 1000 and 2000 have an off-set drain for easy bag loading
- Optional integrated hoist for powder delivery on the Mobius® Power MIX 2000
- Options on the stainless steel versions include integrated load cells and temperature sensor
- Two in-process pH measurement options: Probe Port for easy insertion of a re-usable standard PG 13.5 threaded probe or installed, pre-calibrated and pre-sterilized Hamilton® OneFerm® Single-Use pH Sensor
- Closed, sterile, and zero dead-leg sampling directly from the mixing bag
- Backed by industry-leading technical support and services
1000,2000 L Models - Jacketed Stainless Steel
100, 200, 500 L Models - Jacket Stainless Steel
100, 200, 500 L Models - HDPE
Expanded Mobius Power MIX Family Data Sheet
The Mobius® MIX MIX line of single-use mixers is offered in the size range of 10 L to 1000 L. Each single-use mixing container includes a magnetically driven impeller for improved mixing consistency and efficiency.
- Proprietary magnetically-driven levitating impeller
- Fast, easy set up and use — instant-on electronics — no warm up needed
- Compact footprint and mobile carrier construction for enhanced flexibility
- Available in a range of sizes 10 L, 50 L, 100 L, 200 L, 500 L, and 1000 L
- Safe, sterile sampling directly from the mixing container without dead legs
Mobius® Powder Delivery System
The Mobius® powder delivery system allows users to safely and easily dispense powder into Mobius® single-use mixers and compatible stainless steel vessels. The system includes a hoist, fill stand, support bracket and single-use powder container.
The patented single-use asymmetric container minimizes clumping and blockage providing optimal flow into a mixer. A manually controlled butterfly valve allows users to control the speed and quantity of powder dispensed into the mixer improving mixing results. Ideally suited for the preparation of buffers, media, APIs, and other applications, the powder container is compatible with the majority of process vessels that feature a 4-inch port.
- Unique asymmetric container facilitates better flow
- Range of sizes available, 5, 10, 15, 25 kg
- Optional washdown handle removes all residual powder
- Butterfly valve for metered powder addition