|Storage Conditions||When stored at 2-8°C, the Light Diagnostics HSV 1/2 Typing DFA Kit is stable up to the expiration date printed on the kit label. Do not freeze or expose to elevated temperatures. Discard any remaining reagents after the kit expiration date.
Warnings and Precautions:
· The sodium azide (NaN3) used as a preservative in the HSV 1 Typing Reagent, HSV 2 Typing Reagent, PBS/Tween and Mounting Fluid is toxic if ingested. Sodium azide may react with lead and copper plumbing to form highly explosive metal azides (15,16). Upon disposal, flush with large volumes of water to prevent build-up in plumbing.
· Pooling or alteration of any reagent may cause erroneous results.
· Do not substitute reagents from other manufacturers.
· Incubation times or temperatures other than those specified may give erroneous results. Any such change must be validated by the user.
· Do not allow shell vials or slides to dry at any time during the staining procedure.
· Handle all specimens and materials coming in contact with them as potentially infectious and dispose of with proper precautions. Decontaminate with 0.05% sodium hypochlorite.
· Acetone is extremely flammable and harmful if swallowed or inhaled. Keep away from heat, sparks or flame. Avoid breathing vapor. Use adequate ventilation.
· Do not mouth pipette reagents.
· Avoid contact with Evans blue (present in Typing Reagents) as it is a potential carcinogen. If skin contact occurs, flush with large volumes of water.
· Mounting Fluid contains a fluorescence enhancer that may be destructive to mucous membranes. Avoid direct skin or mucous membrane contact. If contact occurs, flush with large volumes of water.