|Storage Conditions||When stored at 2-8°C, the monoclonal antibodies are stable up to the expiration date printed on the label. Do not freeze or expose to elevated temperatures. Discard any remaining reagent after the expiration date.
Warning and Precautions:
* The performance of Light Diagnostics Poliovirus Blend MAb has not been determined on direct specimens.
· Sodium azide present in the reagent, may react with lead and copper plumbing to form potentially explosive metal azides. When disposing of solutions that contain sodium azide, flush plumbing with a large volume of water to prevent build-up.
* Handle all specimens and materials coming in contact with them as potentially infectious. Decontaminate with 0.05% sodium hypochlorite prior to disposal.
* Avoid contact with Evans blue, if present in any reagent, as it is a potential carcinogen. If skin contact occurs, flush with large volumes of water.
* Do not mouth pipette reagents.
* Do not allow shell vials or slides to dry at any time during the staining procedure.
* Pooling or alteration of any reagent may cause erroneous results.
* Acetone is extremely flammable and harmful if swallowed or inhaled. Keep away from heat, sparks or flame. Avoid breathing vapor. Use adequate ventilation.
* Mounting Fluid (Catalog No. 5013) contains a fluorescence enhancer that may be destructive to mucous membranes. Avoid direct skin or mucous membrane contact. If contact occurs, flush with large volumes of water.
* Slides prepared too early (<25% CPE) or too late (>95% CPE) can be difficult to read and can lead to false negatives.