RCS® High Flow TouchActive monitoring of ambient air and compressed gases in sterile environments. A wide range of accessories is available for all our RCS® systems.
Learn More >>
RCS® StandardThe classic, robust and reliable microbial air sampler which has been available for more than 30 years
Learn More >>
HYCON® Agar StripsReady-to-use agar media for air monitoring with the RCS® Microbial Air Sampler
Learn More >>
|Industrial Microbiology > Environmental Monitoring > Environmental Monitoring for Pharmaceutical & Cosmetics Industry > Active Air Monitoring Systems > RCS > RCS Plus Ex|
Our RCS® Plus Ex microbial air sampler allows secure air monitoring in explosion hazard areas. It is designed as an intrinsically safe instrument according to the ignition class "ib", and correspondingly EN 60079.
Secure and reliable:
- Designed according to ISO 14698-1 guidelines: complete system with standardized media
- Meets GMP and FDA guidelines for hazardous areas, built according to ignition protection class "ib" (Labeling: II2G Ex ib IIB T3, PTB04 ATEX 2025)
- Multiple sample volumes of up to 1,999 liters with flow rate of 50 L/mi
- Easy disinfection: autoclaveable sampling head
- User-friendly, self-explanatory keypad
- Easy to operate: battery-driven and lightweight
- Adaptable to user-specific needs: 7 preset sampling volumes and 3 user-defined volumes from 1 to 1,999 liters
- Fully compatible with a wide range of standardized agar media
Accessories for the RCS® Plus Ex
We offer a wide range of accessories specifically for the instruments of the RCS® Plus series – the RCS® Plus Ex. These include parts for electricity supply, calibration tools and replacement parts for the sampling head.
Calibration and repair services are available through our authorized service centers.
Support and Services
Merck provides technical support and a comprehensive services offering to help you save your QC resources and facilitate the implementation of your RCS® Ex into your daily testing routine. Our highly experienced teams are there to assist you.
You can contact your local sales representative.
|RCS® Plus Ex|
|Measurement range:||1-1999 liters (recommended measurement range 10-1000 liters)|
|Air flow-rate:||50 L/min|
|Instrument precision:||± 5%. The accuracy of sampling volume is achieved through calibration|
|Sample volume:||7 volumes in memory in ascending order:10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500 and 1000 liters. 3 programmable volumes from 1 to 1999 liters.|
|Rotor speed:||approx. 6100 rpm|
|Maximum allowable axial force on rotor shaft:||30 Newtons|
|Power supply:||Rapid charging 7.2 V nickel cadmium battery (charging time 1 hour)|
|Automatic power-off:||The instrument switches itself off automatically after 8 minutes|
|Weight:||approx. 1500 g with battery pack (3.3 Ibs)|