Benzonase® endonuclease for DNA and RNA removal
In your manufacturing process, we understand that it´s critical that you eliminate DNA impurities. Removing DNA and RNA can improve downstream processing later on — and the only effective biochemical method is enzymatic cleavage, using our Benzonase® endonuclease.
Benzonase® is a unique, genetically-engineered endonuclease that is only available from Merck Millipore. Produced in E.coli, this non-specific, recombinant endonuclease cleaves all kinds of DNA and RNA variants into fragments that comprise < 8 soluble base pairs. This leads to an utmost minimum of nucleic acid load, and hence to an acceptable lower viscosity of the process fluid.
Wide range of applications
Benzonase® endonuclease has an exceptionally high level of specific activity for nucleic acids without any detectable proteolytic activity. It is effective in a wide range of operating conditions and applications, including the following:
- purification of vaccines, proteins and other biologicals
- reduction of viscosity caused by nucleic acids
- sample preparation in electrophoresis and chromatography
- prevention of cell clumping
What’s in Benzonase® endonuclease for you?
- the capability to attack and degrade all forms of DNA and RNA
- the absence of detectable proteolytic activity
- the assurance that you’ll meet industry requirements for reliable supply and consistent high quality thanks to GMP manufacturing
- the support by our EMPROVE® bio dossier and a DMF type II file (FDA Reg. No. BBMF 5403)
To meet the widest possible range of processing and cost requirements, Benzonase® endonuclease is available in different grades of purity:
- Benzonase® endonuclease, purity grade I (≥ 99%) EMPROVE® bio
- Benzonase® endonuclease, purity grade II (≥ 90%)
Working with Benzonase® endonuclease for the first time – or using it in a new application? Here are answers to the most frequently asked questions about Benzonase® endonuclease.
For more information, please contact us.