Mobius® Single-use Mixing Systems
The Mobius® single-use mixing solutions deliver advanced technology for mixing pharmaceutical ingredients from intermediate to final drug products and for the preparation of process solutions, such as buffers and media. Unlike traditional stainless steel mixers, single-use mixers reduce downtime due to CIP, SIP, cleaning validation, and process engineering. Mobius® single-use mixing solutions also offer operational flexibility as they can be up and running in less than five minutes. They are capable of mixing speeds up to 1000 RPMs meeting the broadest range of mixing production requirements. Mobius® flexibility offers you a choice of just the right filter, connector, tubing options for your specific application and environment, including sterile interfaces, from fermentation to final fill.
Mobius® single-use mixing solutions offer a complete range of mixers to meet your current and future biomanufacturing process needs. Sizes range from 10L to 3000L (Power MIX systems only above 1000L).
Both Mobius® MIX and Mobius® Power MIX offer economic and operational efficiency, saving valuable processing and validation time. Our proven, scalable, ready-to-use systems and processing technologies reduce the risk of contamination, improve economic and processing flexibility and deliver reproducible results.
Mobius® mixers can be monitored and controlled locally or remotely. Plug the ready to connect control box to the network and use Ethernet IP communication
protocol to monitor speed, weight, temperature, pH and conductivity remotely. The ready to connect control box is a separate box on a four wheels chassis that can be easily moved around the Mobius® mixer carrier. Optimize your layout and get a better access to control your Mobius® mixing system by freely positioning the control box around it. The 21 CFR Part 11 compliant data recorder option displays data trends in real time and ensures process data integrity when recording.
- Easy setup and use
- Closed, zero dead-leg sterile sampling system enables representative samples
- In-process pH and conductivity measurement option
- Single-use technology for increased production capacity in multiproduct facilities
- Validation, quality and regulatory compliance support
Mobius® Power MIX
The Mobius® Power MIX family of single-use mixers combines high performance mixing technology with design features that make it easy to use. The impeller design and motor are based on our magnetically coupled NovAseptic® mixing technology, a proven mixing technology used with stainless steel tanks.
Each model of the Mobius® Power MIX efficiently mixes the most challenging buffers, media and biopharmaceutical ingredients.
1000, 2000, 2500, 3000L Models - Jacketed Stainless Steel
100, 200, 500L Models - Jacket Stainless Steel
100, 200, 500L Models - HDPE
Expanded Mobius® Power MIX Family Data Sheet
Suitability of Mobius® MIX Single-use Mixers for Sparging Applications
Comparison Between Experimental Data and Computational Fluid Dynamics in Mixing Applications
The Mobius® MIX MIX line of single-use mixers is offered in the size range of 10L to 1000L. Each single-use mixing container includes a magnetically driven impeller for improved mixing consistency and efficiency.
- Proprietary magnetically-driven levitating impeller
- Fast, easy set up and use — instant-on electronics — no warm up needed
- Compact footprint and mobile carrier construction for enhanced flexibility
- Available in a range of sizes 10L, 50L, 100L, 200L, 500L, and 1000L
- Safe, sterile sampling directly from the mixing container without dead legs
Mobius® Powder Bags
The Mobius® Powder Bags are single-use bags that are designed for the easy and safe delivery of powders into a mixing vessel. Applications include the preparation of buffer, media and APIs with dry powder.
- Gamma irradiated
- Antistatic film for high product recovery
- Available in 10 L (or max 10 kg) and 25 L (or max 25 kg) sizes
- 4-inch Tri clamp connection for compatibility with Mobius® single-use mixer bags
- Compatible with Powder Delivery Hoist for ease of powder delivery
- Secure clamp for containment of powder