Studying how compounds affect angiogenesis, either to promote or inhibit new capillary tube formation can lead to therapies affecting wound healing, tissue regeneration, cardiovascular disease, stroke, tumor progression, and more.
The Millicell® μ-angiogenesis activation and inhibition assay kits provide a powerful, quantitative platform for real-time monitoring of changes in tubule formation. The unprecedented visualization capabilities allow for continuous, live monitoring of cells as tubules form. Full visualization of a well can be achieved at low magnification (10x), cutting down drastically on the time needed to image each well.
- Unique slide design eliminates any liquid meniscus and out-of-focus areas
- Optimized assay conditions in a miniaturized format
- Compatible with multi-channel pipettes and fixation reagents
- Less reagents and cells needed, reducing costs and waste by up to 80%
- All-in-one slide used to grow, assay, and stain cells
μ-Angiogenesis Inhibition Kit
Increasing concentrations of sulforaphane resulted in both mean tube length and mean number of branch points as shown below in bright field and calcein-AM micrographs of HUVEC cells. μ-Angiogenesis Activation Kit
(Left to right) Bright field, calcein-AM, DAPI, and calcein-DAPI merge micrographs show robust tubule formation and lumen structure in the presence of phorbol myristate acetate (PMA, a pro-angiogenic agent). Images shown are of HUVEC cells. With no stimulant With 50ng/mL PMA and 1x ITS Lumen structure