What Does it Cover?
Given that SPME is an environmentally friendly sample preparation technique, the interest towards its implementation to a variety of applications continues to increase. However, quite often SPME is not utilized to its full potential due to the lack of proper training. In this webinar, we will be focusing on the implementation of SPME methods for food analysis, including optimization of the factors affecting SPME efficiency; special considerations for targeted and non-targeted applications; quantitation in SPME; and novel SPME devices and future directions.
What will you learn?
- Introduction to SPME fundamentals
- How to develop a SPME method for food and beverage analysis: special attention to complex matrices
- How to perform quantitative SPME (calibration methods and choice of internal standard in SPME)
- Future directions and development of new SPME devices
Why should you attend?
We will be providing the necessary tools for potential and current SPME users wishing to gain a deeper understanding into the SPME method and thus increasing their productivity.
Who should attend?
- Chemists responsible for method development, analytical chemists, laboratory supervisors, scientists and industry regulators who are challenged by complex matrices and laborious sample preparation methods
- Scientists wishing to implement SPME as a quantitative method
- Professionals in academia and industry working in the areas of food and beverage interested in implementing SPME as a high throughput method to analyse trace-levels of pesticides.