- Screw the 14 L/min flow-limiting orifice into the filter holder outlet and connect the holder to a vacuum source (of at least 55 cm Hg at 14 L/min) using a hose.
- Carefully place a Type AA black filter, grid side up, on the support screen in the filter holder base using clean forceps. Similarly place a Type SM white filter on top of the filter. Lock in place with the blue locking ring. When ready to sample, see step 3.
Filter is centered on base of garment monitoring holder. The prefilter is placed onto the filter.
- Place the outer surface of the test garment over the tapered (male) body of the holder. Secure the prefilter adapter assembly over the test portion of the fabric.
- Apply vacuum and sample with the same filter for a period of one minute for each of the five test areas. Be sure to turn vacuum off after each test.
- Open the filter holder, remove the sample filter, and place it on a PetriSlide™ device for subsequent counting. (Refer to Analysis Techniques section)
Test garment secured between prefilter adapter section (right), and the filter holder (left).